These guidelines are designed to inform presenters about the formats and expectations for each category of oral presentations. Please read carefully, and follow, the guidelines.
Section 1: Oral Presenter Instructions
- All parallel sessions are 60 minutes long and include 4 to 7 oral presentations each.
- An oral presenter will be using the computers provided at conference venue (Microsoft Windows) only. Do not bring your computer to the auditorium. NO presenters will be allowed to use his/her computer for the presentations.
- The length of your presentation is strictly limited to 8 minutes. The final programme will be updated on the conference website. Session Chair will be instructed to firmly but politely end presentations very soon after the 8-minute mark.
- Presenters are required to meet their Session Chairs in the session venue at 15 minutes before the session starts. Name of the Session Chair can be found in the programme.
- At the end of each session, presenters are required to stay in their allocated session for the whole session. There will be a 10-minute general discussion on the session topic. The discussion will involve all the presenters answering questions from the audience and Session Chair.
Section 2: Sending us presentation slides
- Do not bring your computer to auditorium.
- Presenters are required to email presentation slides they intend to use. Please email your final presentation to email@example.com during 24-30 September 2018.
- If you have not sent it through prior to September 30 deadline, please visit the presenter preparation room immediately after registration check-in in order to upload the presentation to the system. Bring your presentation on a flash drive and deliver to speaker preparation room. There will be a technical officer in this room to assist presenters to ensure the presentations are ready. Your presentations will be uploaded into the system and linked to a central computer.
- All venue computers are Microsoft Windows-based operating system. To avoid any formatting issues, save your presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint to the system and use standard fonts.
Sector 3: Presentation Slide Format
- Name, organization and email address of the corresponding presenter and the affiliation of all the co-presenters should appear on the first and last slide.
- Headings such as “Introduction”, “Context”, “Methods”, “Results”, “Discussion” and “Conclusions” are encouraged.
- Microsoft PowerPoint (version 2000 and up) is the preferred format for presentation (files ending with .ppt, .pps or .pptx).
- Use standard Windows fonts only and try to avoid use of non-standard Windows fonts or language specific fonts.
- Save your presentation as follows: PresentationDate_PresentationTime (using24-hour clock)_AbstractNumber_Firstname_Lastname
- Use of Images: Do not copy and paste the images from another application, please use the “insert image from a file” function from PowerPoint (format JPG or PNG).
- Use of Video: MPG, WMV, MOV or AVI are the only acceptable video formats. To avoid any issue with movies and loops with PowerPoint. Presentations should be saved as .pptx files.
- Presentation handouts are not necessary, but presenters are welcome to distribute their presentations on his or her own budget.
Sector 4: For MAC Users
- If your presentation is on a Mac computer, we recommend you ONLY provide a Windows compatible file and meet with the technical in the speaker presentation room to either make sure your presentation will run properly on the PC’s or to anticipate a backup solution.
- In some cases, to avoid misconfiguration (i.e. unavailable fonts) you may be asked to transform your presentation to .pdf. Please be aware that no animations or transitions will be deactivated in this format.
Welcome to Safety 2018 World Conference.
Sector 5: Technical guideline for 8 minutes oral presentation
To help you in preparing a successful 8-minute presentation on your research, please review the following guidelines:
- You can be assured that the SAFETY 2018 audience is usually very aware of the general important of Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion. Therefore, does not require an extensive general background. You should limit your introduction to outlining the most important and salient points that provide specific context for your paper.
- One slide on the background and aims of your study is recommended.
- Allocate 2-4 minutes of your presentation to key method and analysis.
- Allocate 4-6 minutes to key results.
- Allocate final slides and comments to outlining the key implications of your work to future research, practice and policy (where relevant).
- We recommend that you consider using no more than 8 slides in 8 minutes presentation. Most text should be bullet points, and complete sentences are not necessary. The amount of written texts should be kept a minimum by using keywords and phrases – recommended minimum size font is 16pt. So, present only the most critical information in concise tables, and avoid showing dense tabular material the audience will not have time to comprehend. Use figures to show key results instead of table, when possible.
- Your last slide may present acknowledgements.
- During the presentation, presenters will be advised of the time and given notice of 3 minutes and 1 minutes left. It will not be possible to allow presenters to extend beyond 8 minutes, in order that all presenters have equal time. Session Chair will be instructed to firmly but politely end presentations very soon after the 8-minute mark.
Welcome to Safety 2018 World Conference.
These guidelines are designed to inform presenters about the formats of poster presentations. Please read carefully, and follow, the guidelines.
Section 1: General information on poster sessions
- Posters will be located in Bhiraj 1 and displayed the whole day. The final poster/ poster walk program will be posted on the conference website.
- Poster session, poster allocation and time of set up and removing will be informed later
Section 2 : Poster technical requirements
- Only vertical orientation (portrait)
- Maximum poster dimensions:
- Height: 150 cm (1.5 m)
- Width: 84 cm (0.84 m)
- For reference, your poster should not be larger than A0 portrait size (84.1 cm wide x 118.9 cm long)
- 84.1 cm (width) x 118.9 cm (height)
- Posters on several sheet on A4 or A3 are not advised
Design and Content Suggestions:
Design your poster layout in the following sections:
- Author(s) – Affiliation / Logo address at upper edge, across the width of whole poster)
- Background and aim / purpose
- Key results
- References (optional)
Additional Guidance Notes for Poster Presentation
- The title should be emphasized by the use of bold-face type. When printed, the letters should not be smaller than 15 mm.
- The sub-title should be printed in the same kind of lettering, but semi-bold and not less than 10 mm high. This guarantees clear reading even from a distance of 2-3 meters.
- Text sections should be broken up by the inclusion of drawings and/or photos and or graphs of data.
- Keep text to minimum. Bullet points and phrases are more effective than complete sentences.
- The use of color makes a Poster more attractive and effective.
Set up poster presentation
- Mounting poster should be using pins. Materials for mounting your poster to the poster board will be supplied by SAFETY 2018 local organizer.
- Please refer to SAFETY 2018 staff in poster area for further assistance.
Do not forget to bring the poster with you to the conference!